Information Comcast Spotlight collects
Comcast Spotlight may collect information in a number of ways in connection with the Website, including, without limitation, as follows:
- When you create an account at the Website.
- When you request information regarding Comcast Spotlight’s products and offerings or ask us a question, we collect name, address, email address or other contact information you choose to provide.
- When you opt-in to receive emails from Comcast Spotlight.
- When you choose to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, we collect your email address and other relevant contact information.
- When you voluntarily provide Personal Information to us for any other purpose.
How Comcast Spotlight uses your information
- To generally provide the features and functionality of the Website to you.
- To contact you regarding Comcast Spotlight’s products and offerings.
- For analytics and trending purposes.
- To send you email updates and information or other promotional content, if you choose to opt-in to such communications.
- To respond to questions and comments.
- To improve, enhance and tailor the Website for you, and to improve and enhance the overall the Website experience for all the Website users.
- To carry out specific actions you may request.
To whom Comcast Spotlight discloses your information
Comcast Spotlight may disclose to third parties Personal Information that it collects as follows:
- Operation of the Website: We disclose your Personal Information to third parties where necessary to provide the Website and its features and functionality to you.
- At Your Request: We disclose your Personal Information to a third party whenever you request us to do so.
- Business transfers: If a third party acquires all or substantially all of Comcast Spotlight’s assets, your Personal Information, aggregated information, and any other information that we have collected in connection with the Website may be transferred to such third party as part of our business assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered one of our assets and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Service Providers: We use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, such as processing, storing, maintaining and transmitting data, processing and fulfilling email and other promotional campaigns, and providing marketing assistance, web analytics and data analysis. We may provide your Personal Information to these third-party service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. These third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using Personal Information for any other purpose and required to comply with all applicable laws with respect to the Personal Information they receive.
- Government Agencies: We will disclose your Personal Information to third parties if required to do so by law.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Automatically collected non-Personal Information
When you use the Website, we also may collect certain standard information from your browser and personal computer that websites often collect, such as your IP address, your browser information (including browser type, capabilities and language), your operating system and the date and time you accessed the Website. We also capture the country from which the visit came and the paths taken as you move from one website or webpage to another website or webpage (i.e., your "click stream" activity). We may group some or all of this information into aggregate data in order to describe the use of the Website by our users to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also group demographic information that we collect from the Website users into aggregate data for the same purposes. We reserve the right to use and share any such non-Personal Information collected at the Website with third parties for any lawful purpose.
Comcast Spotlight uses cookie technology as part of the Website's statistical reporting and for other purposes related to making the Website available to you. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard disk by your computer's browser. It holds information a website may need to personalize your experience. We may also utilize cookies to identify if you are logged into a Website account.
A Web beacon is an electronic image, also called a single-pixel or clear GIF, placed in the code of a webpage or in emails. The Website uses Web beacons to track traffic patterns of users as they navigate from one page to another. This information lets us tune and improve our users' browsing experience. As with cookies, the information that Web beacons collect is aggregated, anonymous "click stream" data, and is not associated with you as an individual.
We also use Web beacons through a third party website analytics provider, as well as standard Web server log files, to help us count visitors and evaluate the Website's technical capacity. This information tells us how many people visit the Website, and helps us decide how to arrange pages in the most user-friendly way. This also helps us keep the Website browser-friendly and more useful to our users. We record information on Website traffic, but not on individual visitors to the Website, so no Personal Information about you will be kept or used. Specifically, certain portions of the Website use Google Analytics. To learn more about how Google collects and uses data relating to Analytics, and how you may be able to control these practices, click here.
Information posted to any forums, chats or blogs
If you choose to use a forum, a blog, participate in a chat room or otherwise use a social networking feature available through the Website, you should be aware that any Personal Information or other information you post can be read, collected or used by other users of the Website, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or used in an otherwise unauthorized manner. We cannot be responsible for any Personal Information you choose to post through those means and we recommend careful consideration before you post such information.
Sweepstakes, contests, games, and surveys
From time to time, Comcast Spotlight may conduct sweepstakes, contests, games or other promotions, and also conduct surveys through the Website. If you choose to participate - unless otherwise noted in the applicable rules, terms and conditions, or disclaimers - we may use the information you provide in connection with the administration of the applicable promotion, including for selection and notification of sweepstakes or contest winners and for creation of new promotions, and/or to publish survey results in aggregate on the Website. Except where necessary to administer a sweepstakes, contest, game or other promotion, or survey, unless you have otherwise agreed or unless required by law, we will not share or publish any response you give connected to your name or address. We will hold these responses only as anonymous statistics.
Third party websites, content and resources
Our policy regarding selling or renting of Personal Information
A special note about minors
How you can decide what communications you'll receive from the Website
If you have opted-in to receive communications from the Website, you may opt-out of receiving further communications by following the directions with each email sent to you by Comcast Spotlight or by opting-out at www.comcastspotlight.com/emarketing/unsubscribe/unsubscribe_form.html. Please allow up to 10 days for us to process your request.
How we protect the security of your Personal Information
Comcast Spotlight will take reasonable steps to protect the security and integrity of all Personal Information provided to this Website. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
To the extent you establish an account at the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any access to or use of the Website by you or any person or entity using your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. You agree to immediately notify Comcast Spotlight of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
How to contact Comcast Spotlight regarding your privacy concerns and questions.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: November 25, 2013
©2013 Comcast Spotlight, LLC. All rights reserved.